Pets benefit from surgery just as humans do. Here at Amelia Pointe Animal Hospital & Daycare in Ferdinanda Beach, we can lend our surgical expertise to a wide range of procedures and needs, from preventative care to emergency surgery.
Many Kinds of Pet Surgery
When might your pet require surgery? There are many situations in which surgical intervention might be needed. A few examples of common types of surgical scenarios include:
- Dental surgery - Some pets may need surgery to repair jaw injuries, remove an oral tumor, or extract a seriously infected or damaged tooth.
- Soft tissue surgery - Soft tissue surgery can include both external procedures, such as skin cancer removal or wound suturing, and internal procedures to repair a traumatized organ, correct a case of bloat, or remove a bladder stone.
- Spay and neuter surgery - Spay and neuter surgeries are sexual sterilization procedures. By surgically removing the reproductive organs, our veterinarian can prevent unwanted pregnancies, reduce your pet's cancer risk, and eliminate unwanted behaviors.
- Exploratory surgery - When diagnostic imaging and other techniques can't show us what's wrong with your pet, exploratory surgery may provide the answers. In addition to viewing the trouble site directly, we can also remove samples for biopsy.
- Emergency surgery - Traumatic injuries or life-threatening internal problems often call for immediate emergency surgery.
- Orthopedic surgery - Ruptured knee ligaments, complex fractures, hip dysplasia, and other musculoskeletal problems can be repaired using orthopedic reconstructive procedures.
Skilled Surgical Care for Your Pet in Ferdinanda Beach
Don't hesitate to bring your pet to Amelia Pointe Animal Hospital & Daycare if you think he might need surgical treatment. We will perform a series of evaluations to determine whether surgery is necessary, whether or not your pet is a good candidate for a surgical procedure, and what kind of anesthesia should be employed. Once the surgery is complete, we will let you know when you can take your pet home for recuperation. Our veterinarian will provide you with any prescriptions, materials, and instructions you may need to help your pet recover quickly and completely.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Veterinarian Today
Your pet couldn't be in better hands for his upcoming surgery than those of our own Dr. Branch. Make the call to Amelia Pointe Animal Hospital & Daycare at (904) 310-9990. We want to be your trusted source for pet surgery in Ferdinanda Beach!